Mystery Most Edible, the 2019 Malice Domestic anthology, is now available for convention preorder from Wildside Press!
- A Cup of Tea by Parnell Hall
- Brown Recluse by Marcia Adair
- A Slice of Heaven by Laura Brennan
- The Extra Ingredient by Joan Long
- A Death in Yelapa by Leslie Budewitz
- Pie Sisters by Richard Cass
- Too Many Cooks Almost Spoil the Murder by Lynne Ewing
- Pig Lickin’ Good by Debra H. Goldstein
- Quiche Alain by Marni Graff
- Diet of Death by Ang Pompano
- Death at The Willard Hotel by Verena Rose
- Dining Out by Rosemary McCracken
- Snowbirding by Kristin Kisska
- Up Day Down Day Deadly Day by Ellen Larson
- The Secret Blend by Stacy Woodson
- First of The Year by Gabriel Valjan
- Sticky Fingers by L. D. Masterson
- The Cremains of The Day by Josh Pachter
- Honor Thy Father by Harriette Sackler
- Killer Chocolate Chips by Ruth McCarty
- Sushi Lessons by Edith Maxwell
- The Missing Ingredient for Murderous Intent by Elizabeth Perona
- It’s Canning Season by Adele Polomski
- The Gourmand by Nancy Cole Silverman
- The Blue Ribbon by Cynthia Kuhn
- The Last Word by Shawn Reilly Simmons
- Murder Takes the Cupcake by Kate Willett
- Bull Dog Gravy by Mark Thielman
- Morsels of The Gods by Victoria Thompson
- Mrs. Beeton’s Sausage Stuffing by Christine Trent
- Bring It by Terry Shames
- Gutbombs ‘N’ Guinness by Lisa Preston
- Deadly In-Flight Dining by Sara Rosett
- Carne Diem by Sharon Lynn
- Turn the Sage by Stephen D. Rogers
- Bad Ju-Ju by M.A. Monnin
This just in: The Spirit in Question has been named a finalist in the Mystery category of the Foreword Indie Book of the Year Awards! So honored to be on the list–congrats to all. For more information, please visit Foreword Reviews.
Left Coast Crime has released the 2019 Lefty Award nominations, and The Spirit in Question (Lila Maclean Academic Mystery #3) has been nominated in the “Best Humorous Mystery” category! So honored–thank you to everyone who voted!
Congratulations to all of the nominees!
Lefty for Best Humorous Mystery Novel:
- Ellen Byron, Mardi Gras Murder (Crooked Lane Books)
- Kellye Garrett, Hollywood Ending (Midnight Ink)
- Timothy Hallinan, Nighttown (Soho Crime)
- Leslie Karst, Death al Fresco (Crooked Lane Books)
- Cynthia Kuhn, The Spirit in Question (Henery Press)
- Catriona McPherson, Scot Free (Midnight Ink)
Lefty for Best Historical Mystery Novel (Bruce Alexander Memorial):
- Rhys Bowen, Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding (Berkeley Prime Crime)
- David Corbett, The Long-Lost Love Letters of Doc Holliday (Black Opal Books)
- Laurie R. King, Island of the Mad (Bantam Books)
- Sujata Massey, The Widows of Malabar Hill (Soho Crime)
- Ann Parker, A Dying Note (Poisoned Pen Press)
- Iona Whishaw, It Begins in Betrayal (Touchwood Editions)
Lefty for Best Debut Mystery Novel:
- Tracy Clark, Broken Places (Kensington Books)
- A.J. Devlin, Cobra Clutch (NeWest Press)
- A.J. Finn, The Woman in the Window (William Morrow)
- Dianne Freeman, A Lady’s Guide to Etiquette and Murder (Kensington Books)
- Aimee Hix, What Doesn’t Kill You (Midnight Ink)
- Keenan Powell, Deadly Solution (Level Best Books)
- J.G. Toews, Give Out Creek (Mosaic Press)
Lefty for Best Mystery Novel:
- Lou Berney, November Road (William Morrow)
- Matt Coyle, Wrong Light (Oceanview Publishing)
- Louise Penny, Kingdom of the Blind (Minotaur Books)
- Lori Rader-Day, Under a Dark Sky (William Morrow Paperbacks)
- Terry Shames, A Reckoning in the Back Country (Seventh Street Books)
- James W. Ziskin, A Stone’s Throw (Seventh Street Books)
Left Coast Crime 2019: Vancouver
Looking forward to participating on this panel with Margaret Mizushima, Bruce Most, and Mark Stevens at the January meeting of the Rocky Mountain Mystery Writers of America!
WHAT: Authors with varied publishing backgrounds will discuss their social media strategies and experience. Please join them as they share their ideas on internet networking and book promotion. Audience participation and questions are welcome.
WHERE: Colorado Automobile Dealers Association, 290 East Speer Blvd. (corner of Speer and Grant) in Denver. Limited free parking is available and CADA is fully accessible with an elevator.
WHEN: Thursday night January 10th from 6:30-9:00 p.m. conversation and networking; 7:00 p.m. dinner & program
COST: $20 for members, $25 for guests & everyone at the door.
RSVPs are necessary. Please RSVP and pay via PayPal on the website by Monday, January 7th to ensure your reservation. You may also email our catering director Sue Hinkin if you plan on paying at the door or have special dietary requests.
Thinking of writing a mystery? You are invited to the Writing Mystery Workshop on October 25, 2018 at the Parker Library, 6:30-8:30 pm!
We’ll cover genres and characteristics, strategies for writing your draft, techniques for developing your manuscript, and information about how and where to submit your work. In short: we will discuss the path from idea to submission!
Hosted by Douglas County Libraries. Free and open to the public.
→ Click here to register.
[Update: registration is waitlist-only now.]
October 8-21, 2018
Many thanks to the wonderful Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours and to all of the kind hosts.
October 8 – Island Confidential – REVIEW, CHARACTER INTERVIEW
October 8 – Babs Book Bistro – SPOTLIGHT
October 8 – Books Direct – SPOTLIGHT
October 9 – Cozy Up With Kathy – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
October 9 – Varietats – SPOTLIGHT
October 9 – Handcrafted Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
October 10 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
October 10 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
October 11 – MJB Reviewers – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
October 12 – Mallory Hearts Cozies – REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
October 13 – StoreyBook Reviews – GUEST POST
October 14 – The Book’s the Thing – REVIEW
October 15 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT
October 15 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
October 16 – Book Club Librarian – REVIEW
October 16 – Mysteries with Character – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
October 17 – A Blue Million Books – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
October 17 – Bibliophile Reviews – REVIEW
October 18 – Cassidy’s Bookshelves – GUEST POST
October 18 – A Cozy Experience– REVIEW
October 19 – Devilishly Delicious Book Reviews – REVIEW
October 19 – Teresa Trent Author Blog – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
October 20 – Jane Reads – CHARACTER GUEST POST
October 21 – A Chick Who Reads – REVIEW
October 21 – Escape with Dollycas Into a Good Book – SPOTLIGHT
The Spirit in Question (Lila Maclean Academic Mystery #3) is now available wherever books are sold! And here’s your VIP invite to the Facebook launch party: Wednesday October 3, 2018 at 7 pm CDT.
Visit the event page, click “going,” and invite your friends! The more, the merrier. Once the party begins, all you have to do is click on the discussions tab to participate.
About the book:
English professor Lila Maclean knew drama would be involved when she agreed to consult on Stonedale University’s production of Puzzled: The Musical. But she didn’t expect to find herself cast into such chaos: the incomprehensible play is a disaster, the crumbling theater appears to be haunted, and, before long, murder takes center stage. The show must go on—yet as they speed toward opening night, it becomes clear that other members of the company may be targeted as well. Lila searches for answers while contending with a tenacious historical society, an eccentric playwright, an unsettling psychic, an enigmatic apparition, and a paranormal search squad. With all of this in play, will she be able to identify who killed her colleague…or will it soon be curtains for Lila too?
Barnes and Noble: bit.ly/2NlGFXe
Indie Bound: bit.ly/2vH7ChC