If you’re heading to Left Coast Crime this year, please say hello! I’ll be on the “Lefty Award Nominees: Best Humorous Mystery” panel with Donna Andrews, Ellen Byron, Marla Cooper, and Janet Rudolph on Friday (2:45 pm) and “The Door is Still Open: Academic & Bookstore Mysteries” panel with Bourne Morris, Vinnie Hansen, Maggie Topkis, and Randal Brandt on Sunday (9 am). Hope to see you in Reno!
The Colorado Book Festival will offer a full day of panels, tours, signings, and conversations.
If you love reading and writing, check out this free event! For more information, please visit www.cobookfestival.com.
Sisters in Crime-Colorado will be at the American Library Association Midwinter Meeting and Exhibits.
Please visit our booth in the Exhibit Hall and say hello!
|Friday 2/9 5:30-7||Becky Clark, Cynthia Kuhn, Peg Brantley|
|Saturday 2/10 9-11||Leeann Betts, Fleur Bradley|
|Saturday 2/10 11-1||Elizabeth Richards, Theresa Crater|
|Saturday 2/10 1-3||Rhonda Blackhurst, Naomi Hirahara|
|Saturday 2/10 3-5||Karen (K.L.) Docter, Margaret Mizushima, Terrie Wolf|
|Sunday 2/11 9-11||Catherine Dilts, Sue Hinkin, Cordia Booth|
|Sunday 2/11 11-1||Jennifer Kincheloe, Nora Page|
|Sunday 2/11 1-3||Chris Goff, Mary Birk|
|Sunday 2/11 3-5||Ann Dominguez, Shawn McGuire|
|Monday 2/12 9-11:30||Rosemary Berry, Sandra Murphy|
|Monday 2/12 11:30-2||Karen Whalen, Francelia Belton|
Left Coast Crime has just released the 2018 Lefty Award nominations, and The Art of Vanishing (Lila Maclean Academic Mystery #2) has been nominated in the “Best Humorous Mystery” category!
Very honored to be included and so grateful to everyone who nominated it–thank you.
Congratulations to all of the nominees!
Lefty for Best Humorous Mystery Novel
• Donna Andrews, Gone Gull (Minotaur Books)
• Ellen Byron, A Cajun Christmas Killing (Crooked Lane Books)
• Marla Cooper, Dying on the Vine (Minotaur Books)
• Cynthia Kuhn, The Art of Vanishing (Henery Press)
• Cindy Sample, Dying for a Diamond (Cindy Sample Books)
Lefty for Best Historical Mystery Novel (Bruce Alexander Memorial)
for books covering events before 1960
• Rhys Bowen, In Farleigh Field (Lake Union Publishing)
• Jennifer Kincheloe, The Woman in the Camphor Trunk (Seventh Street Books)
• Renee Patrick, Dangerous To Know (Forge)
• Priscilla Royal, The Proud Sinner (Poisoned Pen Press)
• Jeri Westerson, Season of Blood (Severn House Publishers)
Lefty for Best Debut Mystery Novel
• Susan Alice Bickford, A Short Time To Die (Kensington)
• Kellye Garrett, Hollywood Homicide (Midnight Ink)
• Wendall Thomas, Lost Luggage (Poisoned Pen Press)
• Nancy Tingley, A Head in Cambodia (Swallow Press)
• Kathleen Valenti, Protocol (Henery Press)
Lefty for Best Mystery Novel
• Matt Coyle, Blood Truth (Oceanview Publishing)
• William Kent Krueger, Sulfur Springs (Atria Books)
• Louise Penny, Glass Houses (Minotaur Books)
• Terry Shames, An Unsettling Crime for Samuel Craddock (Seventh Street Books)
• James Ziskin, Cast the First Stone (Seventh Street Books)
You’re invited! Tickets are just $10 and can be purchased in advance at www.rmmwa.org.
Mystery Writers of America members scheduled to read excerpts of their works include Carter Wilson, Catherine Dilts, Shannon Baker, co-authors Carl and Jane Bock, Christine Goff, Jennifer Kincheloe, Kevin Wolf. Francine Mathews, Margaret Mizushima, Sue Hinkin, Jeffrey Alan Lockwood, Barbara Nickless, Charlotte Hinger, Twist Phelan, J.L. Abramo and Cynthia Kuhn.
The Indies First Celebration will take place on Small Business Saturday: November 25, 2017. Authors will be at Tattered Cover Book Stores throughout the day; I’ll be at Aspen Grove (7301 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, CO 80120) from 10 am – 12 pm.
From the Tattered Cover:
Indies First is a national campaign of activities and events in support of independent bookstores, first envisioned by Sherman Alexie in 2013. Jason Reynolds, the bestselling author of All American Boys and Long Way Down, is the 2017 official spokesperson for Indies First.
The campaign kicks off each November, on Small Business Saturday, which is also the first day of Local First Week!, when independent bookstores host local authors as booksellers throughout the day to help sell and recommend books, and sign stock. We’re delighted to welcome these Colorado authors to help us celebrate this special day:
Mark Stevens; Jennifer Kincheloe; Tiffany Quay Tyson; Dian Curtis Regan; Phil Goodstein; Mario Acevedo; Todd Fahnestock; Travis Heermann; Betsy Dornbusch; Scott Bergstrom; BK Loren; Barbara Nickless; Christine Goff; Cynthia Kuhn; Stel Pavlou; Brenna Yovanoff; Sandhya Menon; Katie Cross; Danica Favorite; Eleanor Brown; and more!
For more information, click here.